Friday, July 10, 2009

CAUTION:

When Everybody Barks...

A(H1n1) Influenza flu seems to threaten everyone. Even ordinary flu are sometimes perceived as A(H1n1) virus. The increasing number of victims of this virus makes the threat more alarming. Now, there are already several cases of A(H1n1) in the Cordillera especially in Baguio; That even to go there is very disturbing. In fact, some schools already declare class suspension just because of a single case in their campus. If I only don’t have to go to Baguio then I would stick myself here. However, we have to pursue our activities at school. I love publication visits but I hate going to Baguio.

I am having colds and cough. As much as possible, I don’t want to go to Baguio especially that my resistance is low. I also feel the fear of acquiring the virus. I just don’t know if there’s already a case in La Trinidad or in the school. I just wish, there aren’t yet and I wish we won’t be one of the victims of the grueling virus.

I’m not the only one who is sick in our class. In fact, almost all of my journalism classmates have the same illness as mine. It only happens this week. I think the funny thing about acquiring the same sickness is that even our teacher is already afraid of us. When all of us bark (cough) at the same time, laughter would come next. At least we still lift our humor spirit to lessen the burden the sickness is giving us. But the fear won’t still leave us. Just thinking of the cost of the medicine I take is already a burden. Through prayers, we hope we would be well as soon as possible. This sickness has made us miss a lot of great stuffs and works at school. Sometimes, I would not attend my class because I’m not feeling well. I hate being absent especially that you have to get through to a lot of process before you could take the exercises you missed. I would even miss a lot of fun and opportunities. It makes me weary.

The cold and unpredictable weather is one of the reasons of our sickness. The danger of flu nowadays is inevitable. The first months of the school year are months of rainy season and flu are expected all the time. I think it is just but normal to be experiencing such cases. Only that, we have to be careful that we may not acquire worst cases than what we have now. Health is wealth, as they say. It is but proper to take good care of our health. Only not we promote health among ourselves but even among our families.

These are my words for the celebration of this year’s Nutrition month. (haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment